The industrial heart of Scott County is located just 20 miles from Interstate 75. U.S. Hwy. 27 and State Hwy. 63 are recognized as among the best highways in the state. The Scott County Airport provides general aviation service to the business community.
• Railroads: Norfolk-Southern‘s north-south railroad line connects Scott County to Knoxville, Chattanooga, Cincinnati and other major cities along the route. Ranger Energy Services owns a 42-mile short line from Oneida into the Cumberland Mountains of eastern Scott County, where the production of timber and coal is going strong.
• Highways: The county seat of Huntsville is located 20 miles from Interstate 75 via State Hwy. 63. Interstate 75 provides easy connection to Knoxville and Lexington.
• Navigable Waterways: The nearest port is located in Clinton, Tenn., approximately 45 miles from Huntsville and just off I-75.
• General Air Service: Scott County Airport features a 5,500 ft. runway with asphalt surface and rotating 36 in. beacon lighting. 100LL and Jet A octane are available.
• Commercial Air Service: McGhee-Tyson Airport is 80 miles from Oneida, featuring a 9,900 ft. runway with concrete surface and high and medium density lighting. 80/100 octane is available.